REPORTS TO: Chief Commercial Officer
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for ensuring the strategic intent of the Board is implemented through an aligned multi-year Corporate Business Plan, deploying a Risk Management Framework that effectively mitigates and manages business risks.
- Responsible for the full implementation of the Board’s aspiration, distilling the long-term strategic plan into annual Corporate and functional business plans.
- Liaise with all key internal and external stakeholders to develop a business plan and budget that integrates the various business streams (Upstream, Midstream and Downstream) and the business priorities of the Waltersmith board.
- Lead the development and effective deployment of a business planning and budgeting process – educating and guiding the rest of the organisation on the process, tools and key milestones required for a successful planning process.
- Responsible for building and applying economic models, analyses and forecasts to provide strategic guidance required for investment options and decisions that are aligned with the business plan premises.
- Responsible for using macroeconomics, matrices, techniques, industry specific and valuation tools to evaluate upstream oil and gas assets and opportunities.
- Conduct up-to-date competitive intelligence reports as well as providing guidance for key commercial considerations to guide business decision including fiscals, tax, government incentives.
- Responsible for developing a 3-5-year business plan that is further integrated into short-term 90-day, 60-day and 30-day functional or business unit plans.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop functional objectives and targets in line with the business plan requirements.
- Responsible for developing the Corporate Risk Management Framework ensuring all the risks from the different business streams are integrated and there is a mitigation strategy for all identified risks.
- Manage process for refreshing and updating the Corporate Risk Management Framework ensuring that the risks do not inhibit the ability of the company to achieve its business objectives.
- Responsible for developing and managing a system of reporting that cascades from Management reports to business and to departmental reports. Monitor compliance, reporting major deviations and remedial actions.
- Develop a process for monitoring corporate performance through monthly, quarterly and annual review of performance against the business plan and following through with corrective and remedial actions.
- Carry out a look back review of projects and major investment decision, including After Action Review to determine learnings for the commercial and planning process.
DIMENSIONS & KEY METRICS
- Annual Budget – $XXX
- Departmental reports
- Risk – Legal and regulatory change
- Adherence to Budget and plan
- Successful Commercial transactions supported
- Return on Investment
REQUISITE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or any other related business field. MBA/MSC/MA is an advantage.
- 5-8 years minimum experience in strategic leadership.
KEY COMPETENCE & BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
- Understanding of market research and data analysis.
- Economic Modelling using Excel
- Strong communication skills and demonstrable strategic thinking abilities.
- Good analytical skills such as performance analyses, competitive analyses, market analyses to translate raw information into actionable strategies and initiatives.
- Interpersonal, people and decision-making skills.
- Problem solving and Negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in diverse teams and clarify complex concepts.
- Knowledge of business operations and procedures.