REPORTS TO: Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
JOB PURPOSE: Drives strategy for monitoring and managing Information technology, Cyber Security initiatives, and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business. Responsible for IT governance, IT Security and authorizes organizational policies governing the conduct of the management of change initiatives and standards of professional conduct; Authorizes allocation of resources for the planning, development and delivery of all information systems services and products; Maintains an overview of the contribution of programmes to organizational success.
- Holds management responsibility for assigned services and activities of the Information Communication & Technology, including design, implementation, and administration of company-wide information technology activities; manages, upgrades, and directs the installation, operation, and maintenance of information technology hardware and software; manages and maintain data and equipment security; administer and provide ongoing technical support and training for division’s staff.
- Manage Cybersecurity and infrastructure projects from a total systems perspective ensuring that any impacts to end-users are identified and addressed to support business goals.
- Implement Information Security Frameworks in alignment with IT Security Triad (Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability).
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs; recommend and administer policies and procedures and is accountable for IT governance.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommend, within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Authorises organisational policies governing all technological matters, hardware and software procurement, staff development and rewards, the conduct of change initiatives, and standards of professional conduct.
- Select, train, motivate, and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Facilitate the infrastructural development of the Waltersmith Corporate Office ensuring that the IT foundations provide for a SMART office.
- Prepare annual IT/Communications budget, review and amend where necessary.
- Manage the Information Security Risk Register, and coordinate and share information security management, knowledge and skills with other parts of Waltersmith Groups.
- Responsible for the standards, procedures and guidance in ISMS (Information Security and Management) Handbook for suitability. Ensure that information security awareness training is provided as part of the standard IT induction training for new employees and contractors. Coordinate a programme of reviews of working practices against the policies, standards, and procedures in the ISMS Handbook, and monitor any actions arising. (Personnel with no direct responsibility for the areas examined must perform these reviews.)
- Conduct annual independent reviews by an accredited certification body, of compliance with the TQM code of practice.
- Accountable for tender preparation (as required to support departmental activities), in a timely manner, ensuring that adequate budget cover is available. Monitor progress of requests. Ensure that Service Profiles, are available for all critical information systems.
- Responsible for the development and management of the department’s annual budget; participate in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments.
- Responsible for resources for the planning, development and delivery of all capital information systems services and products.
- Plan the programs and operations of the department to meet the short and long-range goals of the Information Technology department; oversee the operation of the department in order to implement goals and programs.
- Sets strategy for monitoring and managing the performance of IT-related systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business.
- Evaluate existing information technology needs of all departments; propose recommendations to maintain and improve the quality of service; plan, coordinate, and implement service improvements.
- Inspires creativity and flexibility in the management and application of IT.
DIMENSIONS & KEY METRICS
- Annual Budget
- IT Facility uptimes
- Costs (OPEX)
- Business Continuity
- Product Quality
- Adherence to Standards
REQUISITE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a relevant discipline; a Master’s in a relevant discipline is an advantage Work experience
- Minimum 15 years of IT experience preferably in the Oil and Gas Industry with a minimum of 7 years in a supervisory role.
- Has in-depth commercial and technical expertise, often in a variety of environments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of IT standards and codes of conduct.
- Demonstrates the special leadership skills needed to handle innovation and change resulting from the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years of Data Security or information Security Experience.
- Familiarity with ISO 270001:2013 Standards and NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Shows sensitivity and an awareness of the social, environmental and corporate impact of IT.
KEY COMPETENCE & BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication (Oral and Written) Skills
- Strategic Cost Leadership • Commercially savvy
- People Leadership skills
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Problem-solving and Negotiation skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Ability to work in diverse teams and clarify complex concepts
- Business & Commercial Acumen
- Result-oriented with proven zeal for delivery and execution