REPORTS TO: Chief Commercial Officer
JOB PURPOSE: Prepare, own, monitor execution and report performance of Waltersmith’s annual and medium term (3 and 5 years) business plans, and ensure that business decisions are based on sound economic evaluations and strategic considerations.
- Responsible for building and applying economic models, analyses and forecasts to provide guidance required for investment options and decisions that are aligned with the business plan premises.
- Responsible for using macroeconomics, matrices, techniques, industry-specific and valuation tools to evaluate upstream oil and gas assets and opportunities.
- Assist in the implementation of the Board’s aspiration, distilling the long-term strategic plan into annual Corporate and functional business plans
- Liaise with all key internal and external stakeholders to develop a business plan and budget that integrates the various business streams (Upstream, Midstream and Downstream) and the business priorities of the Waltersmith board.
- Lead the development and effective deployment of a business planning and budgeting process – educating and guiding the rest of the organisation on the process, tools and key milestones required for a successful planning process.
- Conduct up-to-date competitive intelligence reports as well as provide support for key commercial considerations to guide business decisions including fiscals, tax, government incentives
- Lead in the development of a 3-5-year business plan that is further integrated into short-term 90-day, 60-day and 30-day functional or business unit plans
- Single point accountability for evaluation, integration and synergising of department plans to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the company. Enhance integrated decision-making.
- Provide benchmarks for the evaluation of plans and decision-making
- Improve engagement and endorsement of future plans and participate in meetings as and when necessary.
- Create a calendar for key reporting deadlines and to monitor processes to ensure that the Company is meeting expected reporting timelines and requirements.
- Ensure Corporate compliance with all regulatory and fiduciary requirements for plans
- Provide support in developing the Corporate Risk Management Framework ensuring all the risks from the different business streams are integrated and there is a mitigation strategy for all identified risks.
- Contribute to the process of refreshing and updating the Corporate Risk Management Framework ensuring that the risks do not inhibit the ability of the company to achieve its business objectives.
- Participate in developing a process for monitoring corporate performance through monthly, quarterly and annual reviews of performance against the business plan and following through with corrective and remedial actions.
- Lead in reviewing projects and major investment decisions, including After Action Review to determine learnings for the economics and planning process.
DIMENSIONS & KEY METRICS
- Annual Budget – $XXX
- Departmental reports
- Risk – Legal and regulatory change
- Adherence to Budget and plan
- Successful Commercial transactions supported
- Return on Investment
REQUISITE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Management Finance, Economics, or any other related business field. MBA/MSC/MA is an advantage.
- 5-8 years minimum experience in strategic leadership.
KEY COMPETENCE & BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
- Skilled in Economic Modelling
- Skilled in Business Planning and Budgeting
- Understanding and Working knowledge of the Fiscal Regime
- Understanding of market research and data analysis.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrable strategic thinking abilities.
- Good analytical skills such as performance, competitive, and market analyses to translate raw information into actionable strategies and initiatives.
- Interpersonal, people and decision-making skills.
- Problem-solving and Negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in diverse teams and clarify complex concepts.
- Knowledge of business operations and procedures.