GM Assets Development
Responsible for the leadership and delivery of all subsurface support to the business, manage and coordinate the technical and economic input for all appraisal, development and production activity for maintaining corporate technical standards and ensuring the business adheres to these.
- To lead the subsurface technical function to help meet the performance objectives and harness business improvement opportunities
- Ensure that the subsurface team has the necessary resources with appropriate skills and competencies
- To ensure that the subsurface team is effectively managed to optimize the delivery 4. To establish, maintain and develop appropriate technical Standards and to ensure these are implemented.
- To ensure the timely and accurate assessment and reporting of Waltersmith’s net reserve/resource entitlements.
- To ensure effective communication between all relevant parties, including knowledge capture and transfer, identification of appropriate emerging technologies etc.
- To liaise and work closely with the other disciplines (Drilling, Engineering, Planning, Production, New Business Development, Gas & Power, etc.) to ensure an integrated cost-effective delivery mechanism.
- To manage a fit-for-purpose Capital Value Process to ensure a rigorous and consistent approach to evaluating and progressing opportunities from discovery to production, including the coordination of annual Capital/Expense budgets, FDPs, Production forecasts, etc.
- Coordinate activities necessary to meet corporate governance requirements – functional reviews, stage gate approvals, risk management etc.
- Actively engage in reservoir and well monitoring and surveillance.
- Formulate subsurface workflow for well performance improvement and intervention.
- Prepare semi-annual and year-end reserves, complete internal technical and economic reviews within assets, and secure Corporate Reserves Group approval.
- Conceive, plan and coordinate all facets of subsurface studies, including exploration, reservoir characterization and modelling, pressure-volume-temperature for reservoir fluids, decline analysis, material balance analysis in order to assist in the quantification of infill development and step-out exploration opportunities as part of detailed field studies.
- Provide volume forecasts, reserve estimates and support asset characterization and acquisition projects and reserve booking.
- Responsible for skills development including coaching and mentoring of subsurface staff
DIMENSIONS & KEY METRICS
- Annual Budget – $0.5M
- Adherence to Standards
- Costs (UTC, OPEX, IT)
- Accuracy and timeliness of reports
- Budget Performance
REQUISITE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in earth sciences or engineering
- Masters in relevant discipline an advantage
- A minimum of 15 years of E&P experience, including working on both production and development projects.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams involved in Integrated Reservoir Studies and field development, including operational aspects & Exploration projects.
- Skilled in most relevant subsurface techniques, software tools and data analysis methods (both analytical and numerical), and their application to problem-solving.
- Excellent working knowledge of field development and fluid dynamics.
KEY COMPETENCE & BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
- Interpersonal and Communication (written and Oral) Skills
- Business and commercial awareness
- Field development planning & coordination
- Surface and Sub-surface capabilities
- Project Management
- People Leadership skills
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Problem solving and Negotiation skills